Search This Blog

Friday, March 9, 2007

swimming through the sixties

Took my first dive into the Vancouver Aquatic centre, yesterday evening. The English Bay Swimming Club turned out to be very inviting. Nice coach. But in the end, they all give you too much hard work. That's what they're there for. I survived.
Have written some stuff on Motown Music yesterday (sixties..!) See if I can share something today, since I don't know whether I will be able to really use it for the book. It says something though about how Berry Gordy, Motown's founder, navigated through successing timeframes of opportunism, reinforcement and exploration and built the foundation for the first hugely succesful black music corporation that launched artists like Smokey Robinson, Marvin Gaye, The Supremes and Stevie Wonder.

No comments: